FERNANDO D. STEFANI
FIELDS OF INTEREST AND EXPERTISE
Nanoscale manipulation of light, heat and matter. Science policy.
- Principal Researcher, National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET)
- Professor of Experimental Physics, Faculty of Exact and Natural Sciences (FCEN), University of Buenos Aires (UBA)
- Deputy Director, Center for Bionanoscience Research (CIBION, CONICET)
- born 19.11.1975 in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 2001 Materials Engineer. Instituto de Tecnología Prof. Jorge Sabato (IT) – Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 2004 PhD in Natural Sciences. Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz – Max-Planck-Institute for Polymer Research (MPIP), Mainz, Germany. Director: Prof. Dr. W. Knoll
- 2004 -2006 Postdoc at the MPIP. Director: Prof. Dr. W. Knoll
- 2006-2008 Research fellow at the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO), Barcelona, Spain. Director: Prof. Dr. Niek van Hulst
- 2008-2009 Group leader the Physics Department of the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU), Munich, Germany. Chair: Prof. Dr. Jochen Feldmann
- 2011-2016 Leader of a Max-Planck-Society Partner Group with Prof. Dr. Stefan W. Hell (MPI biophysikalische Chemie), Göttingen, Germany.
- Since 2009 Researcher of the National Research Council (CONICET)
- Since 2010 Associate Professor of the Physics Department of the University of Buenos Aires (UBA), Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Since 2012 Deputy Director of the Center for Bionanoscience Research (CIBION, CONICET)
MOST IMPORANT SCIENTIFIC AWARDS
- 2017: Georg Foster Research Award, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation – Germany
- 2017: Innovar Award in the category Innovation at Universities – Argentina
- 2015: Award to Academic Excellence, University of Buenos Aires – Argentina
- 2015: Mercator Fellowship of the German Science Foundation (DFG) – Germany
- 2014: Award of the National Academy of Exact, Physical and Natural Sciences – Argentina
- 2014: Innovar 2014 Award in the category Applied Research – Argentina
- 2005: Otto Hahn Medal of the Max-Planck-Society – Germany